[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Equilibrium • View topic - [GUIDELINE] Aggression

[GUIDELINE] Aggression

Our Principles, rules, and guidelines.

Moderator: Spryte

[GUIDELINE] Aggression

Postby Spryte » 17 Oct 2008, 20:41

This was originally posted to the general discussion forum on 06 Aug 2008, as an unofficial guideline. After discussion with the Council, we've decided to make this official. Bear in mind though, guidelines are just that... guidance on what we feel is a good way to be true to our Guild Principles... the only guild rule on this topic remains what is encapsulated within the Principles.. fair play and respect, even when others don't do the same.

Now that aggressions (now known as "Push and Shove") are again a way to gain honour on Shika, it's likely that PvP aggression will bring us into conflict with other players. Conflict is a part of the game - and whether it's perc attacks, prism fights, or aggression, we strive to abide by our guild principles.. in particular:

We strive to be calm, level-headed, respectful, and helpful to others - even in situations of conflict. Another's bad behaviour is no excuse for our own.

Wings

Firstly, let's remember that involvement in PvP should be a choice. You choose to place a perc out, or to join a prism fight.. or in the case of aggressions, you choose to have your wings up.

Yes, you gain bonuses from having wings up, and they look cool - but they are also a sign to other players that you are prepared to engage in PvP right now. You always have the option to put your wings down, forsake the bonuses and a little honour, and make it clear you are not interested in PvP.

So, with your wings up, you are susceptible to an attack at almost any moment in which you are playing Dofus. Some maps do not allow aggressions to take place, such as most zaaps, banks, and dungeons. If you're not in one of these places, you can be aggressed at any time. It's fair, and allowed by the rules of the game.

That doesn't mean it's respectful. For example, aggressing someone while they are crafting in a workshop is allowed by Ankama's rules, but its a pretty low move. Picking on people of much lower level (grey wings) when they are not participating in territory conflict isn't terribly nice either. There's a judgement call to make here - remember our Principles, apply your judgement, and treat others with respect, even if they don't do the same to you.

Ganging

Ganging is where a group of people attack a single player in a many vs one fight. It's not very nice. However, there are many situations in which many vs one fights are simply a consequence of how they occurred.

For example - if you attack a guild member while I'm on the same map and they call for help, I'll join to help defend them. Same goes for a friend of the same alignment. I'm not going to stand by while Braks attack my guildmates and friends. However - if my friend or guild member initiated the attack.. that's a different story. You start a fight, you deal with whatever happens.

Also, if a Brak is in Bonta city? I'll pile in on the Bonta side regardless. Braks with wings up in Bonta should expect to get dogpiled - I expect the same if I'm sneaking around Brakmar.

I'm also very careful about joining fights where I didn't see who attacked who. If I just see winged swords, I'm not going to join in - I might be joining the attacker, possibly even in aggressing a neutral.

Harassment

Harassing someone through aggression is against the Rules of Dofus, and you can get banned for it. What is harassment? - I would say it was using aggress with the deliberate intent of spoiling the game for someone else.

If you feel someone is harassing you via aggression - this is what I would recommend:

• Put your wings down for a while. That way, you're making it clear you aren't interested in PvP just now.
  • If you get aggressed again, ask them politely to stop aggressing you. Point out your wings are down, and you aren't interested in PvP. If you get an abusive response, take a screenshot. Stay polite and respectful.
  • Ask a Council member to talk to them or their guild leader.
  • If all else fails, then they can be reported to Support or a Moderator for harassment.

PvP Guide

Interesting - but slightly out of date guide: http://www.impsvillage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2205&st=0

Made a public guideline on 9th Dec 2008 by Spryte, so that people outside the guild and prospective members can see our policy on PvP
Spryte
Council Member

Return to Guild Rules and Policies